NEW! LYFT Ride Coupons
Still available – Lyft $20 ride coupon to help with grocery shopping during the COVID-19 crisis. (Lyft app needed to use this coupon). Email Hany at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ride credits expire on April 30th, 2020! The ride coupons can be used for the following neighboring grocery stores:
– Walmart on Baseline Road
– Food Basics on Baseline Road
– Loblaws on Baseline Road
– Farm Boy in Britannia Plaza
– Freshco on Merivale Road
– Ottawa Halal Market on Dumaurier Avenue
– Rainbow Foods on Richmond Road
– Metro on Richmond Road
– Walmart on Bayshore Drive
The Good Food Box
The Good Food Box, has adapted deliveries to suit your needs during these tough times. Instead of coming to the Community House to pick up the orders, you can now have them delivered to your door for FREE! See link for next steps or feel free to call 613-829-4353 for more info!
Please note: in order to decrease transmission of COVID-19 in Ottawa, Ottawa Public Health is now recommending that all residents of Ottawa practice social distancing.
What is social distancing?
- talking to your supervisor, manager, or employer about the possibility of working from home where possible
- avoiding visits to long-term care homes, retirement homes, supportive housing, hospices and other congregate care settings unless the visit is absolutely essential
- avoiding non-essential trips in the community
- keeping the windows down if you have to go into the community for an essential trip via taxi or ride-share
- limiting or cancelling group gatherings
- holding virtual meetings
- spending time outside and in settings where people can maintain a 1-2 metre (3-6 feet) distance from each other (Ottawa Public Health, 2020)
avoid touching your face and wash your hands.ottawapublichealth.ca/en/public-health-topics/novel-coronavirus.aspx
Running Low on Food?
The Waverly restaurant downtown has received donations etc and are hand delivering boxes of food (which last for 10 DAYS) to those in need. Click on link to website where individuals can register: https://www.operationramzieh.org/
If you live in the Michele Heights Community, you may access the Ottawa Food Bank for emergency food supply for you and your family by calling the Britannia Woods Community House at 613-820-0853 or Foster Farm Family House between 10:00-3:00 at 613-596-4866.
For more information or concerns click on the link below:
Click on each subject to know more about it
Mental Health Serviceshttps://www.pqchc.com/health
Information about job search, writing resumes, interview skills, etc.
Ottawa Public Health. (2020, March 18). Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Retrieved from https://www.ottawapublichealth.ca/en/public-health-topics/novel-coronavirus.aspx