Please note: in order to decrease transmission of COVID-19 in Ottawa, Ottawa Public Health is now recommending that all residents of Ottawa practice social distancing.
What is social distancing?
- talking to your supervisor, manager, or employer about the possibility of working from home where possible
- avoiding visits to long-term care homes, retirement homes, supportive housing, hospices and other congregate care settings unless the visit is absolutely essential
- avoiding non-essential trips in the community
- keeping the windows down if you have to go into the community for an essential trip via taxi or ride-share
- limiting or cancelling group gatherings
- holding virtual meetings
- spending time outside and in settings where people can maintain a 1-2 metre (3-6 feet) distance from each other (Ottawa Public Health, 2020)
avoid touching your face and wash your hands.ottawapublichealth.ca/en/public-health-topics/novel-coronavirus.aspx
Running Low on Food?
The Waverly restaurant downtown has received donations etc and are hand delivering boxes of food (which last for 10 DAYS) to those in need. Click on link to website where individuals can register: https://www.operationramzieh.org/
If you live in the Michele Heights Community, you may access the Ottawa Food Bank for emergency food supply for you and your family by calling the Britannia Woods Community House at 613-820-0853 or Foster Farm Family House between 10:00-3:00 at 613-596-4866.
For more information or concerns click on the link below:
Click on each subject to know more about it
Mental Health Serviceshttps://www.pqchc.com/health
Information about job search, writing resumes, interview skills, etc.
Ottawa Public Health. (2020, March 18). Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Retrieved from https://www.ottawapublichealth.ca/en/public-health-topics/novel-coronavirus.aspx